Bittiya Sahayaks or Digital Facilitators will be the face of KRISARTHAK. These Sahayaks will conduct workshops among the farmers and guide them in using the ICT tools developed for the Financial Education and Counselling of the farmers.
The Sahayaks will work closely with the Board of Directors / CEOs of the Farmer Producer Companies, coordinate with them to mobilize the farmers, carry on the IEC activities, create the training schedule/calendar, finalize the training venues and ensure farmers’ participation in the workshops. They will also be responsible for solving any problems faced by the farmers in using the digital tools. They will send timely reports and feedback to the Krisarthak Head Office at Guwahati.
For the Pilot phase, to be implemented in five Districts (Kamrup Metro & Kamrup Rural, Baksa, Nagaon, Sibsagar, Cachar), 10 Sahayaks have been hired. They are all graduates with basic computer skills and belong to the Districts they have been hired for.
4 day residential training was organized for the Bittiya Sahayaks by Indian Institute of Bank Management, Guwahati, from 20th Dec’22 to 23rd Dec’22. The training was very informative and engaging. The topics covered were:
- Induction on Krisarthak
- Role and Responsibilities of Bittiya Sahayaks
- Indian Banking Structure
- Savings products of Banks and their features
- Regulatory aspects of the Banking Sector and the Role of RBI
- Loan Products of Bank and their features
- Different types of application forms for loans
- Documentation and Appraisal Process
- Documentation and Importance of KYC
- Social security schemes
- Customer onboarding and Claim Settlement Process
- Demonstration of KYC process and document verification
- Facilitation Skills
- Digital Banking Initiatives
At the end of the training, all the participants were provided with training completion certificates.